High Performance Synthetic Grease for Wind Turbines
Mobil SHC™ Grease 461 WT is specially formulated to lubricate yaw, pitch and main bearings of wind turbines. It is a high performance synthetic lithium complex grease specially designed to exceed the demanding requirements of wind turbine applications at extreme temperatures. The advanced synthetic base fluid with its low traction coefficient provides excellent low temperature pumpability and very low starting and running torque.
• Superb thermal stability and oxidation resistance compared to conventional greases helps provide extended service life with longer relubrication intervals for wind turbines
• Outstanding low temperature performance compared to conventional greases provides excellent protection at low temperatures providing low torque and easy start-up at low temperatures
• Excellent rust and corrosion protection provides enhance performance in wet conditions for reduced downtime and maintenance costs compared to/versus conventional greases
• Outstanding structural stability in the presence of water helps retain grease consistency in hostile aqueous environments
• Excellent low temperature pumpability provides reliable lubrication of bearings using centralized grease systems or grease dispensers.
• Low traction base oil coefficient offers potential improved mechanical life and reduced energy costs versus conventional greases.
• Increased oil viscosity for extra protection with excellent low temperature properties
• No dye for improved housekeeping
• Excellent performance in the Wind Industry Riffel test
Mobil SHC Grease 461 WT is an NLGI 1.5 Grade extreme pressure grease with ISO VG 460 synthetic base fluid recommended for tough wind turbine applications
Mobil SHC Grease 461 WT meets most specifications of wind turbine builders and component suppliers and can demonstrated outstanding performance in the lubrication of yaw, pitch, and generator bearings either manual greased or using centralized grease systems or grease dispensers.
Recommended application temperature range for continuous operation is from -50º C to 150ºC with proper regreasing intervals
|This product meets or exceeds the requirements of:|
|DIN 51825: 2004-06 KPHC1-2M-50|
|Thickener Type||Lithium Complex|
|Penetration, 60X, 0.1 mm, ASTM D217||305|
|Dropping Point, °C, ASTM D2265||255|
|Base Oil Viscosity of Greases @ 40 C, mm2/s, AM-S 1858||460|
|Roll Stability, 0.1 mm, ASTM D1831||-2|
|Four-Ball Wear Test, Scar Diameter, mm, ASTM D2266||0.4|
|Four-Ball Extreme Pressure Test, Weld Load, kgf, ASTM D2596||250|
|Water Washout, Loss @ 79 C, wt%, ASTM D1264||5|
|Corrosion, Bearing, Rating, ASTM D1743||PASS|
|SKF Emcor Rust Test, 10% Synthetic Sea Water, Bearing 1, ASTM D6138||0,0|
|Copper Strip Corrosion, Rating, ASTM D4048||1A|